Winter is here across much of North America. This season plagues even the sturdiest among us—as with winter comes the inevitable storms of the season.
Here are a few winter tips to help you prepare for and deal with the season:
- Insulate the attic to keep roof surface cold and help avoid ice dams.
- Maintain emergency generator’s fuel supply.
- Insulate pipes in basement and unheated spaces.
- Check battery-powered equipment, replace any weak or questionable batteries.
- Confirm operation of an alternative power source for any life support medical equipment in use.
- Fill the gas tank in your cars.
- Store drinking water in jugs, bottles, and bathtubs, in case you lose your source of water.
- Secure outdoor objects.
- Cautiously proceed with storm cleanup!
When you finish your winter tips preparations and tasks, be sure to get out and enjoy the season. Go for a nature walk, snowshoe, cross country ski, ice skate, or sledding with the kids or grandkids. Embracing the season makes it much more tolerable and enjoyable!