A blueprint for success
Request a Proposal!
In the life of a community association, few events are more important than the “Transition” – the point at which the developer transfers control to the governing body of owners elected to manage the association’s finances, operations and to protect its assets. Having a good understanding of the property will guide critical decisions the Association Board must make. The purpose of a Criterium Engineers Transition Study is to help owners know what they’re getting when they take over.
Information you need is easy to understand
A Criterium Engineers Transition Study is comprehensive, detailed, and understandable. Our licensed, Professional Engineers evaluate your project for:
- Reasonable compliance with the construction documents
- Reasonable compliance with good construction practices
- Satisfactory completion of regulatory requirements
Their observations are based on a visual review of the common components of the site, buildings and amenities as well as a an agreed upon percentage of the units.
Scope of the work
A Criterium Transition Study is comprehensive and detailed. It includes:
- A review of available construction documents and the public offering statement.
- Contact with the appropriate municipal offices to review available public documents and resolutions relating to the development.
- On-site visual observations to identify any areas that do not reasonably conform with the construction documents or good construction practice.
- The inspection of an agreed upon percentage of the unit interiors.
- A narrative report (with photos) that discusses the overall quality of the project and observed deficiencies.
- An optional questionnaire on which residents can identify specific concerns about the interiors of their units as they relate to the common elements.
A Criterium Engineers Transition Study will provide the information and documentation the Association Board needs to effectively resolve any deficiencies noted and to take responsibility for managing the project. Our Transition Study is an important tool to help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility to the Association.
For the life of your association™
Knowledge is power and a transition study is a powerful resource, providing association boards with the information they need to make informed decisions about their community. Criterium Engineers sets the industry standard for Transition Studies. Let us prepare one for you. Contact us by clicking on the “Request a Proposal” button below or call 800-242-1969 to obtain more information.Request a Proposal!