Criterium Engineers Job Description
Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms. Since 1957, we have evaluated over 750,000 buildings and focused on helping our clients better understand the buildings in which they live and work from design, to construction, occupation and beyond. With our corporate office in Freeport, Maine and approximately 40 affiliated offices in North America, our clients stretch across the U.S. and Canada.
We have an immediate opening for a team-oriented, Project Engineer. Our work involves a full range of building-related inspection services for projects in building construction, technology and efficiency, real estate risk management, due diligence, and other building engineering projects. You will have the opportunity for significant influence on the future growth of the Building Sciences service line.
Requires the ability to work on an interdisciplinary team of registered professional engineers to provide field inspection, technical writing, cost estimating support, and report and construction document reviews. Additionally requires the ability to occasionally interact as an engineering representative to our clients.
Criterium Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, a 401k plan, and other benefits.
Location: Freeport, Maine Office. Regular local day travel will be required for inspections in southern Maine with occasional travel outside Maine for specific project needs.
- Perform field inspections on the full spectrum of buildings, including old to new construction, residential and commercial structures, and high and low-rise buildings.
- Write and review inspection reports for clients, ensuring clients receive clear, timely and high quality reports for assigned projects.
- Provide clear and responsive feedback to clients about their projects.
- Assist engineers in developing documentation including field inspections, technical writing, and cost estimations for building engineering related projects.
- Review construction documents to evaluate a project’s constructability from an engineering, materials and other relevant perspectives (e.g. Constructability Reviews).
- Perform other duties as directed by project management.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, or Construction Engineering Technology.
- Has applied/willing to apply for initial professional certification (FE/EIT) in their core discipline. Having a Professional Engineer registration is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or interest in building construction activities. Including a practical knowledge of construction means, methods, and materials.
- Ability to interpret and understand design and construction documents.
- Excellent written and communication skills. Examples of written work may be requested.
- Ability for occasional travel out of the Portland area including reliable form of transportation to travel locally.
- Ability to provide objective, unbiased perspectives even if the information requires clients to make improvements to plans and work quality.
- Adaptable, organized and flexible including the ability to balance the needs of multiple, concurrent projects.
- Observant and detail-oriented nature.
- Comfortable managing stressful situations.
For more information, please visit the construction engineering portion of our website https://criterium-engineers.com/construction-engineering/Apply Now