Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms, having evaluated over 750,000 buildings since 1957. As an organization, we are focused on helping our clients better understand the buildings in which they live and work from design, to construction, occupation and beyond. With our corporate office in Freeport, Maine and approximately 35 affiliated, franchised offices in North America, our clients stretch across the U.S. and Canada.
As an engineering company, Criterium’s work involves a full range of building-related inspection services for projects in building construction, technology and efficiency, real estate risk management, due diligence, and other building engineering projects. Criterium Engineers has active projects with buildings in all phases: pre-construction, new construction and existing structures.
Criterium Engineers is also a franchisor of engineering companies, dedicated to helping entrepreneurs successfully own and operate their own consulting engineering franchise. A Criterium franchise is a unique opportunity to be in business for yourself while benefiting from the support of a strong corporate brand, extensive business resources and training, and ongoing technical expertise. At the core of our success is our network of offices which allows us to serve local and nationwide clients, and we are working to expand our network of offices in support of our clients and the Criterium brand.
Criterium Engineers 2020 Risk Management and Insurance Internship opportunity will offer current college students the unique opportunity to gain real-world experience with a risk management program in a technical business. The internship will be highlighted by learning opportunities provided by senior leadership and experience with a rapidly changing and growing company. Reporting to the SVP of Affiliate Services, we are seeking a self-motivated intern who will be a key contributor in developing and documenting the process and procedures of a program with a 30+ year history. The person filling this position will have an opportunity to understand all facets of an engineering company. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent analytical, communication and writing skills. The ideal candidate is results driven and highly organized.
- Initiate the documentation, development and writing of an internal Process and Procedures manual.
- Research best practices for risk management in a technical environment.
- Research most effective way of presenting risk management information to a group with diversified needs.
- Assist in updating and publication of the Risk Management Operations Manual which guides engineers and staff on how the program is administered as well as best practices for risk management.
- Respond to requests for certificates of insurance from internal staff and affiliates.
- Perform contract reviews and provide recommendations for modifications.
- Other duties as assigned my supervisor.
- Junior- or senior-level college undergraduate with a risk management, insurance, or business major preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to ramp up quickly on the engineering industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- A strong self-starter capable of interviewing and seeking out information.
- Highly organized, disciplined, adaptable and flexible.
- This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and insight as to how an engineering or other technical company manages risk.
Pay rate: $15 – $18 per hour based on experience
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours a week during the school year and full time during the summer.
Location: Freeport, ME (Corporate Office)Apply Now