Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms, having evaluated over 750,000 buildings since 1957. As an organization, we are focused on helping our clients better understand the buildings in which they live and work from design, to construction, occupation and beyond. With our corporate office in Freeport, Maine and approximately 35 affiliated offices in North America, our clients stretch across the U.S. and Canada.
Criterium’s work involves a full range of building-related inspection services for projects in building construction, technology and efficiency, real estate risk management, due diligence, and other building engineering projects. Criterium Engineers has active projects with buildings in all phases: pre-construction, new construction and existing structures.
We are seeking an individual with strong administrative and organizational skills to provide project administration support for our largest client(s). This role is based in our Corporate office in Freeport, Maine and interacts with our team of engineers, field technicians, and clients across the country. The Project Management Administrator plays a critical role in interfacing with our clients and Criterium’s technical staff to ensure projects are managed in an efficient, effective and profitable way, including distribution of reports, ongoing client communication, and optimal use of personnel and their billable time.
Criterium Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, a 401k plan, and other benefits.
Location: Freeport, Maine headquarters.
The successful project management administrator candidate will bring experience with and an orientation toward continuous improvement in providing project administration for Criterium’s largest client(s) in the pre-construction and new construction business segments. This generally includes: assisting with RFPs (requests for proposals); setting up projects in Criterium’s project management system (InFocus); distributing reports in a timely manner; ensuring projects are on budget and billed on time; processing change and work orders; and maintaining contracts, agreements and change orders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with RFP’s (requests for proposals).
- Develop project startup information for transition from business development to active project management in operations, including setting up projects in Criterium’s project management system (InFocus).
- Manage transition and arrangements from preconstruction and construction document reviews to Quality Assurance (QA) site inspection operations.
- Complete monthly Project Management (PM) Bill Review for assigned clients and projects, including:
- Development of invoice balance sheet,
- Work with accounting to ensure billable work is accurate,
- Provide updated project forecasts based on actual and future expected billing based on contracted amounts.
- Maintain contracts, agreements, and change orders including regular reviews of project status in Criterium’s Project Management System (InFocus) to ensure work breakdown structures (WBS) are accurate.
- Process project change orders.
- Provide work orders to subcontractors.
- Assist with contract acceptance and agreement preparations.
- Audit status of Sharefile and inspection software (Inspection Manager) for report submission and distribution process, including:
- Deliver processed report to distribution list,
- Maintain distribution list for project deliverables, and
- Maintain client document retention report folders.
- Monitor project budgets by providing periodic status summaries and supporting field teams with scope and project updates, as directed.
- Work with client-specific Purchase Order (PO) and other systems in order to:
- Accept assignments,
- Mark assignments complete, and
- Review six (6) month schedules for forecasting.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP) for projects.
- Tracking/downloading plans/specs, as needed.
- Process and audit travel requests (if required).
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or project management.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree and/or PMP certification is preferred.
- 2 – 3+ years of experience working in operations in a services environment; knowledge of construction and/or real estate is a plus.
- Experience administering and supporting projects with a track record of successful deliverables and outcomes.
- A strong self-starter capable of building and maintaining strong client and internal relationships.
- Excellent organization and decision-making skills. Uses critical thinking skills and leadership ability to make and implement effective decisions.
- An orientation toward continuous improvement.
- Strong business acumen with excellent written and communication skills.
- Highly organized, adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Capable of managing stressful situations.
For more information about the project management administrator position, please visit the construction engineering portion of our website https://criterium-engineers.com/construction-engineeringApply Now