Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms. Since 1957, we have evaluated over 750,000 buildings and focused on helping our clients better understand the buildings in which they live and work from design, to construction, occupation and beyond.
For pre-construction and new construction projects, Criterium Engineers often partners with the Developers and General Contractors project teams to provide a variety of services. This Construction Engineering Services Program is a non-biased, third-party, quality assurance program that is designed to be flexible and tailored for the unique aspects of each new construction project. Unlike other inspection programs which consist of static inspections to document errors, Criterium’s program is an interactive service program tailored for each projects unique needs and reported through cross-referenced reports.
The Construction Engineering Field Technician position is a field-based role that requires self-motivation and independence while also working as part of an interdisciplinary team of registered Professional Engineers around the country to provide our local clients with top quality construction engineering consulting services. This position reports to the National Director of Field Operations.
Criterium offers competitive salaries and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance and a 401k plan.
Location: New Jersey or Eastern Pennsylvania (expected travel in the New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania and potentially nationally).
- Perform field inspections at project construction sites, often multiple site visits per week.
- Identify conforming, non-conforming items, and potential areas of concern as it relates to the documented construction plans and building/construction best-practices.
- Lead process for various quality assurance testing at construction sites, including water intrusion testing, etc.
- Write reports in a timely manner following each field inspection.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
Education and Experience:
- Five (5) years of verifiable construction experience in all phases of construction (those with only site work or below grade experience need not apply)
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Preferred ICC certifications (B1/B2) or equivalent or the ability and willingness to obtain certification within 6-12 months.
- Preferred OSHA 10 certification or equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and insurance; access to a reliable vehicle for job site travel required.
- Interactive skills relating to serving clients are critical, including strong communication skills and an ability to manage relationships.
- Possess a high level of comfort with utilizing a variety of computer interfaces and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, and email.
- Adaptable and flexible such as balancing the needs of multiple, concurrent projects.
- Comfortable managing stressful situations as would be typical on a construction site.
- Observant and detail-oriented nature.
For more information, please visit the construction engineering portion of our website https://criterium-engineers.com/construction-engineering/Apply Now