Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms, specializing in the evaluation of new construction and existing buildings. We serve individuals, real estate investors, developers, homeowner associations, and other entities that want to know more about the buildings in which they live and work. We are an established and growing company with a 60+ year history. Our people are open-minded, intent on teaching each other, and thrive on generating new ideas, approaches, and techniques that will enable us to better serve our goals and clients. This work environment reflects the company’s commitment to our vision of “building expertise to create a better world!” and was recognized as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work in 2020. The people who do best in our dynamic environment relish variety.
We are looking for a Client Success Manager to join our organization.
Location: Freeport, Maine (or remote)
Client Success Managers [CSMs] draw on their own customer experiences to build long-term client relationships intent on delivering successful client outcomes. Acting as a thought partner and knowledge resource, the Client Success Manager develops, supports, strengthens, and grows our client connections by following up frequently with clients to solicit feedback and facilitate achievement of their business objectives utilizing Criterium’s services. From client onboarding to client goal achievement, the CSM functions as an internal advocate for the client, ensuring that projects meet Criterium’s quality standards and fulfill the project scope while avoiding scope creep. This is accomplished through effective and efficient communication and cross-functional collaboration with Criterium’s network of Professional Engineers and Technical Specialists. As a member of the Project Team, the CSM monitors project progress, coordinates adjustments to resource allocation and facilitates information sharing to deliver final results that meet the needs of clients. Communication skills are critical to the success of this position as there is extensive interaction with national and local clients and colleagues at all levels of the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver value for clients
- Maintain ongoing engagement with clients to sustain and develop client relationships for current and future projects.
- Construct and execute effective customer onboarding procedures for new clients that build trust, clearly define client objectives and provide appropriate client education.
- Develop and sustain a strong rapport with assigned clients by making periodic visits as appropriate, exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities and providing clear and responsive communication about their projects.
- Field requests for proposals from new and existing clients
- Monitor project status utilizing progress to date and estimation to completion [Earned Value Management] metrics, continually assessing project risk and promptly addressing any divergence from the project plan.
- As needed, represent Criterium Engineers at events such as trade shows and industry conferences
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive client success
- Assemble and conduct Project Launch meeting with Project Team, triggering collaborative Project Ownership.
- Project initiation – ensure projects are set up in Criterium’s project management system which includes partnering with Engineering and Field Operations teams to budget a project’s scope and resource requirements in setting up the project plan, preparing and reviewing executed agreements and clarifying interpretation of conditions, and securing external resources, such as subcontractor agreements or documentation requirements.
- Collaborate with technical staff to monitor workloads and collaborate with Head of Client Success to level resources as needed to meet deliverable expectations.
- Maintain active engagement with the Project Team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct monthly analysis of all project work to ensure billable time is captured properly and accurately in collaboration with Accounting / Finance group for monthly invoicing.
- Client Success Operations
- Develop proposals, including establishment of project scope, fees and budget estimates, for specified key clients.
- Initiate and monitor project-specific change orders and work orders.
- Administer project close-out process by monitoring final payment status, reviewing project performance and engaging Lessons Learned procedures as appropriate.
- Engage, utilize and maintain records with appropriate technology to facilitate efficient and accurate knowledge sharing and workflows.
- As needed, engage in client prospecting and monitor incoming new client inquiry systems, directing those inquiries to the appropriate CSM or Head of Client Success
- Advise Head of Client Success on needed documentation updates, including proposal templates, report formatting, standard terms and other standardized documents
- Maintain document retention archives, client contacts and distribution lists, and log transmittal of document deliveries to clients.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in and managing projects in a services environment with a track record of successful deliverables and outcomes; CAPM / PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of building science and/or real estate development is a plus.
- Sales and/or client support experience in a service or consulting business market is a plus.
- Strong business acumen.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise in translating client needs into a clear and precise scope of work.
- Ability to recognize and predict risks and assess, recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Client management – ability to read situations and respond constructively.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage stressful situations, will need to balance many priorities that can shift abruptly.
- Ability to convey objective, unbiased perspectives.
- Strategic decision-making and critical thinking skills. Adept at analyzing/researching information and determining actions.
- Self-starter, disciplined, observant and detail-oriented nature.
- Experienced and demonstrated interactive skills related to serving clients are critical, including strong communication skills and an ability to manage relationships.
- Capable of managing both internal schedules and customer requirements, anticipating potential issues, and mitigating risk accordingly.
- An orientation toward continuous improvement.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking mindset effective at problem solving.
- Comfortable and capable utilizing a variety of computer interfaces and software including MS Office, Unanet’s InFocus, and Criterium’s proprietary software for inspection and report writing.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, and move about our facility.
- Frequently required to see, hear, talk, and type (repetitive motions).
- Occasional travel to support client and company needs.
- Work is performed predominantly indoors in an office or site setting under normal office conditions. Exposure to daily outside elements may be necessary to perform work at site location.