Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms, specializing in the evaluation of new construction and existing buildings. We serve individuals, real estate investors, developers, homeowner associations and other entities that want to know more about the buildings in which they live and work. We are an established and growing company with a 60+ year history. Our people are open-minded, intent on teaching each other, and thrive on generating new ideas, approaches and techniques that will enable us to better serve our goals and clients. This work environment reflects the company’s commitment to our vision of “building expertise to create a better world!” and was recognized as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work in 2020. The people who do best in our dynamic environment relish variety.
We are looking for a Client Development Associate to join our organization.
Location: Freeport, Maine (or remote)
The Client Development Associate plays a critical role in responding to client needs and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction. Acting as a thought partner and decision influencer, the Client Relationship Associate develops, supports, strengthens, and grows our client connections. Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing proposals by working with clients and internal partners to define a project’s scope and parameters, following up frequently with clients to solicit feedback and understand future needs, and contributing to strategic initiatives within Criterium’s Sales and Marketing program. Communication skills are critical to the success of this position as there is extensive interaction with national and local clients and colleagues at all levels of the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain, improve, and manage all aspects of the client relationship to meet or exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Assist in executing plans to build sales pipelines, acquire new clients, including identifying the most attractive prospects and cultivating relationships that deliver new, profitable revenue for the company.
- Assist with responding to client requests for information and requests for proposals, including understanding client requirements and communicating them to office staff and engineers.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Finance to understand and manage client expectations and deliver a great client experience.
- Support Sales and Marketing leadership in efforts to evaluate and analyze competitive and overall market dynamics, including the strengths and weaknesses of key competitors.
- Build and validate our extensive customer and prospect database. Serve as key lead in utilizing the CRM system, including data entry and implementation.
- Develop and sustain a strong rapport with assigned clients by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Research customers and work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to analyze best ways to market Criterium Engineers’ services to prospective clients.
- Establish and maintain sufficient knowledge of Criterium Engineers’ products and services and help identify potential new product and service offerings.
- Provide regular progress reports including sales pipelines and key sales metrics.
- Serve as liaison between Sales/Marketing and Operations/Engineering by providing pertinent information on opportunities and clients.
- Assist in coordinating projects from National clients with Affiliate offices, negotiating fees and scheduling appointments.
- Meet regularly with Marketing to identify content ideas.
- Respond to marketing queries via phone, email or social media.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree with a marketing, communications, or business major preferred.
- 2 – 4 Years of experience in sales and marketing (or equivalent education).
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook as well as experience with HubSpot, a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to ramp up quickly on technology that may be unfamiliar, such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions and marketing automation systems.
- Excellent listening and communication skills (oral and written), with a demonstrated track record of understanding client needs to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- A strong self-starter, capable of building and maintaining client and internal relationships.
- Highly organized, disciplined, adaptable and flexible.
- Comfort navigating stressful situations and balancing multiple streams of work.
- Occasional travel either local or national.
- The ability to work remotely for a portion of the work schedule is possible.
- Criterium Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, and disability) to those individuals who work at least 24 hours per week.
To learn more about the Client Development Associate position:Apply Now