Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms, having evaluated over 750,000 buildings since 1957. As an organization, we are focused on helping our clients better understand the buildings in which they live and work from design, to construction, occupation and beyond.
With our corporate office in Freeport, Maine and approximately 35 affiliated offices in North America, our clients stretch across the U.S. and Canada. Criterium’s work involves a full range of building-related inspection services for projects in building construction, technology and efficiency, real estate risk management, due diligence, and other building engineering projects. Criterium Engineers has active projects with buildings in all phases: pre-construction, new construction and existing structures.
Criterium Engineers offers:
- An established company with a history and a vision. With a national footprint and an outstanding reputation, Criterium Engineers has been in business more than 60 years, is proud of our history and our achievements, and focused on where we are going. Criterium Engineers was recognized as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work in 2020.
- An open mind. We have amassed a vast reservoir of corporate knowledge and experience. We have much we can teach our employees. We also expect to learn from them. Criterium Engineers is open to new ideas, new approaches and new techniques that will enable us to better serve our clients.
- A dynamic environment. Criterium employees engage with clients, Affiliates (franchisees), and colleagues as well as with buildings. There is nothing routine about their routine. The people who do best here relish variety and the challenge it provides.
Location: Freeport, Maine
An information specialist, the Affiliate Administrator receives and processes franchisee (Affiliate) and staff data to support the smooth functioning of Affiliate office support services. This position is part-time, 20-25 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set up, maintain and develop reporting of Affiliate office data, including monthly reports, minimum gross receipts, tax returns and other data as required.
- Track compliance with Franchise Agreement terms.
- Support franchise marketing efforts including responding to and tracking inquiries from franchise prospects, drafting
newsletters, and maintaining database of leads in CRM system (currently HubSpot)
- Maintain and update franchise documents, including Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD), Franchise Agreements, and Operating Manuals.
- Respond to and track inquiries from franchise prospects in CRM Program (HubSpot).
- Monitor and process compliance information for the Risk Management and Insurance program.
- Process claim information to ensure timely reporting to insurance carrier.
- Provide Affiliate assistance in the fulfillment of branded merchandise.
- Assist with the development and execution of Affiliate training programs.
- Foster Affiliate relationships and communication.
- Provide clear and responsive communication to Criterium’s Affiliates in response to inquiries.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s Degree with three (3) to five (5) years of increasing responsibility providing departmental support.
- Knowledge of small business development a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to focus and prioritize.
- An orientation toward continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking mindset effective at problem solving.
- Comfortable and capable with utilizing a variety of computer interfaces and software including MS Office, Unanet’s InFocus (a project management and ERP software), HubSpot (CRM), Constant Contact, and Criterium’s databases.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, and move about our office.
- Frequently required to see, hear, talk, and type (repetitive motions).
- Work is performed predominantly indoors in an office setting under normal office conditions.
- Ability to work remotely several days per week, with approval from supervisor.